I pulled a container of (what I THOUGHT was) chicken broth out of the freezer this morning. I especially needed some nice, healing chicken broth this morning. While it defrosted, I pulled out the various veggies out of the fridge and chopped them up for my soup. Ah, some lovely scallion-ginger broth!
I had though that the broth looked a little funny, but hadn’t paid it much mind. But when I sat down to eat it, I could tell it DEFINITELY wasn’t chicken broth that I had used.
It was chicken drippings.
Mom saves them to add to dishes that need a little added flavor. And I had mistaken the whole container for broth.
Given, it LOOKS very similar, and they were frozen in the same type of container that we use for broth.
It isn’t terrible – it is just rather tasteless.
Off to eat my soup –
9. A cappella music makes me happy.
26. I love fermented butter. [Editor’s note: It’s really cultured butter. Just forgot the name for a moment when I posted.]
5. Owl City’s music can be SO random, but you have to love it anyway.
1. I need to focus.
57. When are they going to come out with windshield wipers for eyeglasses? Just asking.
18. Buttered quinoa = amazing.
3. [I just lost a whole chicken thigh down the disposal, and I had to go in after it!]
80. [Or at least my hand did.]
2. For dinner, I’m mincing up garlic and ginger, and chopping some green onions. It’s Asian-inspired!
95. My brother’s mowing the grass for the first time this season. Yay Spring!
77. I pinched my tongue with a broken apple juice box straw. Yup.
6. This Friday night, my little sister and I will [hopefully] be having a slumber party – the whole nine yards. Fun food, makeup, a movie, and music. Should be great!
39. Why doesn’t your computer automatically switch to capital letters after the end of the sentence, and then switch back (like phones do)?
14. My room is a mess, but isn’t it always.
Speaking of that, that’s what I should be doing!
Well, do you think they are still edible?
Today Drake and I ran several errands together. We had quite a bit of fun, even though the errands weren’t all that exciting. Drake’s a lot of fun. 🙂
A few days ago Meiling and I had some kitchen time together. Mom had purchased 2 bricks of cheese, not realizing that we already had 2 at home. Meiling and I started our time together with shredding the cheese. We used the food processor, which, when you shred cheese in it, makes these tasty little cheese balls, which we eat with great satisfaction. Mmmm… We don’t usually use the food processor for cheese, since it can be a bit of a pain to clean, but this was a great excuse to pull it out.
We also worked on spaghetti, which was our dinner. (No photos, so I won’t elaborate.)
Last on our list was to bake cookies. We made chocolate chip cookies and flourless chocolate fudge cookies. The chocolate chip cookies I made using our family favorite recipe, altering it to be grain-free and made with coconut sugar. The flourless chocolate fudge cookies were a recipe was one I found online. Right after I made it, I didn’t like them, and neither did Drake. (Noah liked them, though.) I tried them today, and they were much better. It’s surprising how much difference a few days can make.
Today I made two chilies – our regular chili recipe, a slow-cooker recipe from ATK’s family cookbook, and a buffalo chicken chili I found on the internet. It’s in celebration of my dad coming home – he has been out of town. They (the chilies) are both really, really good. The buffalo chicken chili is spicy, although that is a bit of a given, isn’t it?
Bricks of cheese
And the other kind with a really long name
Today – buffalo chicken chili…
and our regular chili (BAD picture – but I didn’t feel like trying again)