It’s me, Allison!
(It feels like so long since I have been on here that feel like I need to reintroduce myself.)
I’m still here.
Not a whole lot exciting or new here. Just school. And my midwifery course. It has been so wonderful! I love it. I am wrapping up (or should be – but I am blogging :)) the first nutrition module, and enjoying it heartily. It’s been great.
A few days ago I came down with a little bit of a cold (this is starting to sound like the story of my life, isn’t it? It really isn’t, though). I have a little sore throat and a little congestion, and a LOT of tired. So this afternoon I ended up taking a nap. Hopefully it will help me feel better faster.
When I woke up, I glanced at the clock, and it was time to start dinner! Still rather groggy, I got up to head to the kitchen.
Then Mom came in. And she basically said, “We have all these leftovers. I would be so much happier (and I think it would be better) if you didn’t make dinner and we just ate those.”
So I am not making dinner. Which makes me really happy, since I am still a little groggy.
So I thought I would post.
I have been thinking. (Again, I try to do this once in a while.) About what I want to eat when I am back to eating “normal-ish” things. After I introduce the things I haven’t been eating slowly. And these are some of the things I have been craving/wanting/thinking about.
1. Brownies. A whole pan (NOT!). There is an AWESOME looking recipe in Practical Paleo. I really want to try it (both making and eating!)
2. Baconaise. Again, another recipe that is in Practical Paleo. We went to a friend’s home, and they made an AWESOME broccoli salad with it. And I want it again. And it might be fun to try some other things with baconaise. (Tuna salad? Egg salad? Any suggestions? It has to be grain-free.)
3. Egg casserole. And quiche. Something different for breakfast. I’m getting a little tired of leftover meat.
4. Cheese. Cheese sticks. I miss it.
5. Sun-dried tomatoes. I have a jar in the fridge, and I think they would be good on a salad.
6. A faux-Chipotle meal. Keep thinking about it. And I really want to try to imitate their steak. I will say it again: I LOVE CHIPOTLE! Especially the cheese. Don’t ask.
7. Zucchini linguine noodles with tomato sauce. And cheese!
8. Cake. Not sure where this craving is coming from, because I usually am not that big on cake. Maybe because I want a baked good?
9. Paleo French toast, like I made 2 days before I started this. It was good.
10. Chocolate chip cookies. Need I say more?
11. Peanut butter cookies. Maybe with chocolate chips added in.
12. A peanut butter spoon.
13. A large peanut butter spoon with chocolate chips.
14. Quinoa. I want it again. This has been even longer – several months since I had it last.
15. Cookies, in general. I haven’t made that many grain-free cookies. And I need some. (Yes, I do know the difference between “want” and “need.” This IS a need.)
16. Some sort of really good bar thing with a bunch of ooey-gooey toppings. With caramel.
Well, that is it for right now.
If you have ANY suggestions of things that I should make (and eat!) when I get off this diet, I would LOVE to hear!
Well, off to work on that nutrition module.