We just arrived home this past Saturday from a long, three-week trip on the East Coast. We spent a week in Plymouth, MA, 5 days in Washington, D.C., and 9 days near Charlottesville, VA. It was a lovely trip, and I will hopefully be posting more extensive photo-posts soon. But, just for fun, I took a bunch of self-portraits at different places we went. Here they are!
You can’t let a Midwesterner near the ocean, without them making it to the ocean. 🙂
Smithsonian Museum of American History
George Mason Monument
Thomas Jefferson Memorial
At the Smithsonian Museum of Air and Space…
…with my bro
World War II Monument
At the Bureau of Engraving and Printing…
…again with my brother.
The Library of Congress
Blue Ridge Mountains
(If I look like I am only giving a partial-smile in some of the photos, it’s just because I am focusing on taking the picture and not enough on smiling.)
9. A cappella music makes me happy.
26. I love fermented butter. [Editor’s note: It’s really cultured butter. Just forgot the name for a moment when I posted.]
5. Owl City’s music can be SO random, but you have to love it anyway.
1. I need to focus.
57. When are they going to come out with windshield wipers for eyeglasses? Just asking.
18. Buttered quinoa = amazing.
3. [I just lost a whole chicken thigh down the disposal, and I had to go in after it!]
80. [Or at least my hand did.]
2. For dinner, I’m mincing up garlic and ginger, and chopping some green onions. It’s Asian-inspired!
95. My brother’s mowing the grass for the first time this season. Yay Spring!
77. I pinched my tongue with a broken apple juice box straw. Yup.
6. This Friday night, my little sister and I will [hopefully] be having a slumber party – the whole nine yards. Fun food, makeup, a movie, and music. Should be great!
39. Why doesn’t your computer automatically switch to capital letters after the end of the sentence, and then switch back (like phones do)?
14. My room is a mess, but isn’t it always.
Speaking of that, that’s what I should be doing!
Spring is coming – actually, it’s starting to feel like it’s here. Flowers are blooming, birds are singing, and trees are leafing.
(Is that how you would say it? Trees are leafing out? I don’t know. But, whatever. :))
Anyways, here are some flower photos that I have taken recently.
OK, I am going to try to post something different after this, but Meiling has been coming up with a few gems.
Meiling: Allison, just an advisement: Please don’t smoke.
Meiling, to Drake: Please don’t eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with your ears because it will smoke.
Meiling: I have lots to say.
Me: You can say that again.
Meiling: Who in our family has a blog?
Me: Well, we have a family blog, Drake has two, and I have one. That’s it.
Meiling: And me. I have a blog.
Me: No you-What’s it called?
Meiling: It’s www[dot]talkmouthgirl[dot]com.
Meiling’s new greeting:
“Peace be with you, owl shrimp.”
Ya, your guess is just about as good as mine. I only know where the “peace be with you” part comes from.
Meiling: My camera is not croperating.