Yes, I am. Although I am tempted to say just barely. 🙂
This weekend was our annual Men’s Advance. And it went really well (at least from my view of things it did). I helped it the kitchen, which was great, as usual. But it is all very, very exhausting.
And on top of that, a cold is going around our church, and I could tell last week that, although I wasn’t sick yet, I was going to be soon. So I did what I could to ward off that cold, but I had it on Monday.
It is appearing to be a real mean one. As in it isn’t going to let off easy.
Well, I had several wonderful grain free things over this weekend, and now I have been wanting to make them, as well as several other things that I have been wanting to make, but just haven’t gotten around to. So, instead of making a mental list (which I am probably going to forget anyway, since my brain is out of it), I am going to make a list here.
(I know. Another food list. But bear with me. It is hard not to be able to make any of these things, due to no energy, and the fact that I don’t want sugar while I am sick. So hopefully this will help me let off some steam.)
1. Quiche or egg casserole. Probably quiche, since it has crust. I want crust.
2. Grain-free scones. A dear friend of mine had these at their home when we were there for brunch, and THEY WERE AMAZING. And I put butter on mine. ‘Nuf said.
3. Grain-free chocolate chip biscotti. Again, another dear friend of mine made these, and I had them while at there home for brunch. AND THEY WERE REALLY AMAZING. And I need some again. I think they had walnuts and raisins in them too.
4. Grain-free biscuits. I got a new recipe from a friend, and it is even better that the recipe I had tried. I need something to slather some butter on.
5. I need to make an apple crumble. I tried to make walnut flour, but due to unforeseen circumstances, my walnuts never made flour. Just a moist crumble-y thing that reminded me of a crumble.
So that’s that.
What are you making/craving/hoping to make soon?
Do you have a cold?